Easter Sunday Food Ideas
Easter Sunday is a time to gather friends and family together for a home-cooked meal or cozy Sunday brunch. Arrange some of your favorite Easter Sunday menu ideas and assemble an Easter Sunday menu that will keep guests talking for weeks afterward! Find recipes and inspiration below.
Easter Sunday food ideas:
- Serve a buffet with a variety of hot and cold salads, deli meats, and a large fruit platter.
- Bake an array of casseroles ahead of time and warm them just before guests arrive. Serve with an assortment of fresh breads, cheeses, and antipasta.
- Make your Easter Sunday food celebration a brunch and serve waffles, fresh fruits with granola and yogurt, scones, bacon, and sausage. Quench everyone's thirst with fresh-squeezed orange juice, champagne spritzers, an assortment of teas, and a coffee bar.
Easter menu ideas:
Baking a traditional honey-glazed or maple crusted ham makes for a wide array of Easter dishes. Here is a great recipe that will win over even those who aren't particularly fond of ham.
Ham and Potato Casserole
- 1 bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups cooked ham, diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream with chopped chives and onions
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppered seasoned salt
Combine potatoes, ham, and half of the cheese. Spread in a square baking dish. Mix sour cream, milk and salt together with whisk. Spread over potato mixture and gently stir. Cover with remaining cheese and bake at 350 degrees uncovered for about 40 minutes.
Easter appetizers can be as simple as a cheese tray or as fancy as shrimp cocktail. Try this fun appetizer idea to tempt everyone's tastebuds.
Spicy Deviled Eggs
- A dozen hard-boiled eggs, peeled and salted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1 tsp. jalapeno powder
- Dash of salt and pepper
Cut all the eggs lengthwise in half. Cut out all the yolks and place in a bowl. Mash together with all ingredients. Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture into each egg half and sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper.
Need more ideas? Check out these Easter soups and Citrus + Herb Roasted Chicken recipes. Finally, an Easter meal isn't complete without a table of Easter desserts! Serve meringue pies, fruit pies, cupcakes and strawberry shortcake. These desserts will get all guests excited about spring and the warm weather to come.
Hosting this year? Be sure to send online Easter invitations to easily gather RSVPs and communicate with guests.
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now