How to Plan a Hollywood Party
Trying to find a glamorous party theme? Plan a swanky Hollywood party! A Hollywood party theme is a great way to get friends together for a night that will create many lasting memories.
Roll out the red carpet for your guests with these Hollywood party ideas that put the glitz and glamour back into party planning:
- Invitations: Send out stylish free Hollywood party invitations to your guests to let them know the details of the party. Some invitation design ideas are a movie wheel, Oscar statue, or pictures of celebrities. You could also personalize your Hollywood party invitations with a caricature of yourself or your guests that are attending your event.
- Decorations: Keep in mind that your decorations should reflect the theme of the party. Create a black and white silver screen atmosphere with balloons and streamers. Hang up classic movie posters like “Casablanca,” “The Wizard of Oz,” and “Breakfast at Tiffany’s.” Another Hollywood party idea is to hang up gold stars on the wall with your guests names on them, just like as if they were real celebrities.
- Food/Beverages: Although you are going to be spending the majority of the evening talking to your “A” list friends, it’s not a Hollywood party without the food! Set up a buffet with lots of tasty dishes, just like at an awards ceremony. You should also serve champagne and a variety of cocktails at your Hollywood themed party. Don’t forget to toast to a great evening ahead, and a decadent dessert to top it all off!
- Attire: Have your guests dress up in the swankiest, red carpet attire that they own. Top hats, fur coats, jeweled necklaces—you name it! You could also set up a red carpet for guests to walk down as they arrive (get red velvet fabric from a fabric store or tack down a red tablecloth). Set up a camera to take pictures of your guests as they walk down the red carpet.
- Music: Play 1930’s big band and jazz music in the background of your party. This will help create a swanky atmosphere for your Hollywood theme party.
- Party Favors: As a thank you for attending your Hollywood party, give your guests big Hollywood glasses, Oscar statutes, or a picture frame of them on the red carpet!
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now