Mardi Gras Favors
Mardi Gras is a tradition celebrated throughout the Gulf Coast of the United States and in many other parts of the world. However, you don’t have to be a New Orleans resident to take part in the fun! Host a Mardi Gras party in your home, backyard, or at a local venue. Invite your friends and family and take part in the unique customs of Fat Tuesday with online Mardi Gras invitations to quickly gather RSVPs and easily communicate with your guests.
At the end of your party, pass out Mardi Gras party favors to thank your guests for attending your event. Mardi Gras favors are also a great way for guests to take home a piece of the Mardi Gras celebration and remember it for years to come. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Toss Coins: Doubloons and toss coins have been a part of Mardi Gras tradition for more than 100 years. Krewes often throw them out into the crowds during the parades and carnivals. These historic coins are a great Mardi Gras party favor to give out to your guests during your party. Toss them into your favor bags along with some candy.
- Mini Masks: Bourbon Street is filled with masks of all shapes and colors during Mardi Gras. Though these masks can be quite elaborate and beautiful in their designs, they can also be expensive if you were to purchase several of them to give out as party favors. Mini masks are a great alternative if you would like to stay within a budget but still want to celebrate Fat Tuesday with traditional Mardi Gras masks. These Mardi Gras favors can be purchased in a local party store or online.
- Mardi Gras Beads: Bead necklaces are a large part of the Mardi Gras traditions in New Orleans. Pass them out to your guests as they arrive at your party so that they can wear them throughout the celebration. These necklaces are a great Mardi Gras party favor idea for your guests to take home.
- Funky Hats: Hats are fun Mardi Gras favors to give out to your guests. Get a variety of bizarre and unique hats for each individual person to wear at your party that they can take home. Some ideas for different types of hats are jester, Viking, top hat, crown, dragon, cowboy, or an Egyptian headdress.
- Photo Frames: Frames are a great Mardi Gras favor idea if you have a photo printer in your home. Take individual photos of your guests while they are enjoying themselves at your party. As a surprise at the end of your party, print the photos of your guests and frame them for your guests to take home.
- Mardi Gras Mix: Make a mix CD of all the great Mardi Gras music that you will be playing at your party. Some classic songs are “Congo Square” by Cyril Nevil, “Mardi Gras in New Orleans” by Dirty Dozen Brass Band, “Carnival Time” by Al Johnson, and “Mardi Gras Medley” by Mardi Gras Big Shots.
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now