Backyard Baby Shower Theme
Baby showers do not always have to be feminine and fancy. If you want a party that is more casual and laid-back then a backyard baby shower theme is perfect. Backyard parties are great for big families because you can barbeque, there is plenty of space for activities, and you can enjoy the outdoors.
Here are some backyard baby shower theme ideas to incorporate into your party:
- Invitations: Send out your backyard baby shower invites a month before the party date. Choose a design that has vibrant colors and represents the outdoors. Pictures of a ladybug, a frog, a grill, or a sun would all give your design some backyard flare. Make sure you tell your guests that the party is outdoors so they come prepared and dressed appropriately.
- Decorations: The backyard theme is easy to decorate, but you need to make sure you have a few essentials. Seating and tables are important so make sure you have plenty of chairs and table space for everyone. Always have at least one umbrella or shaded area for guests to sit if they don’t want to be in the sun. Use red and white checked table covers on all of the tabletops to give the backyard a classic picnic feel. Make your centerpiece look rustic by filling aluminum pails with bright, colorful flowers. As a finishing touch on the décor, line the backyard with large paper lanterns or tiki torches.
- Food: Make your party menu all about the barbeque. Classic picnic and barbeque foods are all perfect items to complement the backyard theme. Things like hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken, and kabobs are ideal for the main dishes. Accompany those with potato salad, chips, pasta salad, corn-on-the-cob, and a big salad. The best part about this party menu is that it is easy to prepare and serve. For a fun twist, model your food after backyard critters!
- Desserts: Aside from the traditional baby shower cake, add a few additional backyard themed items to your dessert menu. A few great options include popsicles, sliced watermelon, and ice cream sandwiches.
- Activities/Games: A backyard baby shower is ideal for playing games and activities. Choose a mix of some classic outdoor games and baby shower games to play at the party. Some outdoor games to consider are kickball, croquet, kick the can, and whiffle ball.
Set up an area for the mom-to-be where she can sit comfortably and put her feet up. Bring the presents, food, and guests to her so she can relax and enjoy socializing and being with people she loves.
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now