3rd Birthday Party Planning Tips
Plan a memorable celebration for your little one with some helpful 3rd birthday party tips. Make sure to gather age appropriate 3rd birthday party supplies and plan the theme, guest list, invitations, activities, food, cake, and 3rd birthday party favors.
Take advantage of these 3rd birthday party ideas to help with your planning and to keep the kids entertained throughout the celebration!
- Focus your ideas for a 3rd birthday party on a simple birthday party theme or idea to guide your birthday party planning. Consider themes such as a princess party or butterfly party for girls 3rd birthday party ideas. Choose a fireman party or Sesame Street theme for 3rd birthday party ideas for boys.
- Create your event on Punchbowl to view a variety of “kid friendly” free 3rd birthday party invitations to email to all of your guests. Include information such as the name of the event, name of the guest of honor, date, time, and location. Select the your favorite invitation design, based on the theme of the birthday party.
- Write out a full guest list as part of your 3rd birthday party planning. Be sure to plan for each child, along with one or both parents, or a babysitter or nanny.
- Schedule the time of the party around nap time. A safe option is a mid-morning time slot, around 10:30am.
- Plan simple games and activities, and coordinate them with the theme of the birthday celebration. For example:
- Hire a face painter to paint butterflies or fire trucks on the kids’ faces.
- Hang a piñata filled with candy.
- Coordinate pin the ladder on the fire truck, pin the antenna on the butterfly, or pin the crown on the princess.
- Organize an arts and crafts project such as decorate your own crown or fire fighter helmet.
- Build the party menu based on the preferences of the little kids. Order pizzas and serve water or juice boxes. Snack ideas include snack size bags of pretzels or popcorn.
- Select a cake to help celebrate your little one’s 3rd birthday. Stay consistent, and incorporate the theme of the party into the cake. Purchase a cake kit at your local party supply store, or order the cake from a local bakery.
- At the end of the party, hand out party favors to the kids. Put together goodie bags and fill them with stickers, a bag of goldfish, a miniature container of Playdoh, a box of crayons, and bubbles.
Incorporate these helpful tips, and enjoy a fantastic and successful party for your three-year-old. Don’t forget to capture the priceless moments with your camera!
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now