Super Bowl Party for Kids
If you are looking for a fun way to get your kids together with all of their friends during these cold winter months, why not host a party to watch the big game? A Super Bowl party for kids is a great way to get them involved in the traditions of watching the game. It will also be something that they will remember as they get older and start hosting their own Super Bowl parties!
- Invitations: Send out invitations to your child’s friends to let them know the details of the Super Bowl party. A fun way to get the kids excited about the party is to send invitations that look like tickets to the game. Encourage the kids to wear their favorite player’s jersey or the colors of the teams that are playing. You may want to ask another parent to help out during the party if there are going to be a lot of kids to supervise.
- Decorations: Decorate using the colors of one or both of the teams playing in the Super Bowl. Include the color theme throughout all of your party decorations like streamers, plates, cups, and balloons. You can also incorporate football equipment and gear into your Super bowl party decorations. Place a bowl inside an upside football helmet and fill the bowl with snacks like chips or popcorn. You can also have a few inflatable footballs around for the kids to toss around during the party. Hang up a Super Bowl banner with a black marker attached to it for the kids to sign it. This will be a great keepsake for your child to remember their big Super Bowl bash!
- Food: Serve plenty of snacks and finger foods at your Super Bowl party for the kids to snack on during the game. Nachos, chicken fingers, mini slider burgers, pizza, hot dogs, and bagel bites are all perfect for a kid’s Super Bowl party menu. You should also be sure to have plenty of water, juice, and soda for the kids to stay hydrated during the game. For dessert, make Super Bowl themed cookies or cupcakes. If you don’t have time to make your own, many bakeries and grocery stores sell desserts and pastries with football themes this time of the year!
- Activities: Although many adults enjoy watching the funny commercial breaks and half-time show during the Super Bowl, it is a completely different story with kids. Some of the commercials may not be appropriate for your kid to see, so during breaks have some activities planned for the kids to do. Here are a few ideas for fun activities:
- Football Trivia: One activity for the kids to play during commercial breaks is football trivia! Research some information about the players, rules of the game, and other interesting football facts to put on index cards. Hand out prizes to the winners like water bottles and football trading cards.
- Karaoke Half-Time Show: Rent a karaoke machine for the kids to create their own Super Bowl half-time show. Have prizes for “Best Singer” or “Most Unique Performance” for each of the kids to bring home. Make sure that you have a camera ready to take lots of pictures and video too!
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now